Automating mass spectrometry based glycan identification and quantitation using SimGlycan software
Automating mass spectrometry based glycan identification
and quantitation using SimGlycan software
Broadcast on May 5, 2015
This webinar is now available on-demand.
If you have already registered for this event, please login
using the link provided in your registration confirmation email.
Protein glycosylation is a common post-translational modification, which serves critical roles in the biological processes of organisms. Monitoring of changes in the abundance and structure of glycans may be necessary to explain the correlations between protein glycosylation and various diseases. Liquid chromatography (LC) coupled to mass spectrometry (MS) has emerged as one of the most powerful tools for the structural elucidation of glycans.
One of the emerging trends in MS based glycomics research is the innovation related to accurate mass spectrometry based qualitative and quantitative analysis of glycans. However, despite rapid advancement in the technology, one of the major challenges left unaddressed is the lack of informatics tools for MS based glycomics studies. Following are the challenges that we intend to address using SimGlycan software:
- High-throughput glycan structural elucidation: This is still challenging because of the lack of a glycan template to expedite identification.
- Quantitation of glycans using MS/MS data: No informatics support available that performs glycan identification and subsequent quantitation.
Key learning objectives
- Use of the software for glycan identification from infusion and LC-MS/S experiments.
- Use of SimGlycan software for quantitative analysis of glycans labeled with Thermo ScientificTM Tandem Mass TagTM Reagents.
- How to create a custom database of curated glycans for high confident glycan identifications.
Who should attend?
- Mass spectrometrists
- Researchers interested in MS based glycomics
- Researchers interested in quantitative glycomics
Ningombam Sanjib Meitei
Chief Scientific Officer,
Ningombam Sanjib Meitei: Biography
Sanjib obtained his Ph.D. in Statistics from the Department of Statistics at Devi Ahilya University (Indore, India) in 2014. He was conferred the Young Scientist Award 2010 by Madhya Pradesh Science and Technology in the field of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science. Sanjib joined PREMIER Biosoft in the year 2005 and he has been leading the development of novel informatics tools namely (i) SimGlycan, a high throughput glycan identification/quantitation tool, (ii) SimLipid, a LC-, MALDI- MS/MS data analysis tool for lipid identification by annotating product ions corresponding to lipid head-groups, fatty acyls, charge remote fragment ions, (iii) SimMet, a comprehensive LC-MS and MS/MS metabolite data analysis tool, and (iv) MALDIVision, a comprehensive mass spectrometry imaging data visualization and analysis tool.